Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is inside the baby doll?

Have you ever been curious about what's inside the doll?
I finally did 'the surgery' for the doll...hooo...hooo...
This is what I found inside a Disney baby doll...


Below closer look...polyfill finer then pellet pouch, I hope you can see from the mesh fabric there are plastic pellets.


And this rattle insert!




Like what I mentioned in previous post I made pellet puch for my matryoska doll. This is how I prepare..
1. Make  circle from calico fabric.



2. Take 2 pieces of circle fabric and double sew with sewing machine and leave 2cm opening to insert the pellets.


3. Insert the pellets



3. Double hand stiched.



I prepared several pouches, so that I dont need to go back and forth to sew. I made the rectangular pouches for the matryoska but then I made them round for these cute tiny owls...:). I prefer to make circle because most of the doll's are basically rounded/circle.




The green and pink is the owl prototype that I keep for my reference. The new owls are the brown and pink. Do you see any improvement? Yes, the owls stand well compared the previous one that I made.That's improvement or 'kaizen' in Japanese word...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment