Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Crochet Vegetables are growing...:)




It is back to December 2010, when Norparrin :  Early Intervention Centre in MerndaVillage, needed some vegie for the home corner, I made these: 


That the pattern that I found in internet unless for the pumpkin. I made some to for my daughter, she was 3 YO at that time, she liked pretend playing to be chef. She still loves cooking till right now.


Last week, I was in charge for Vegetable Corner for my placement in Kindergarten. I helped setting up the table. I need props for this experience. I brought my bean sprouter tray. Children are curious about the sprout and touched it, asked me question.



Then in the end season I remember I have crochet vegetable that must be good for giving prop for children.
I still kept crochet vegies, but I it was not complete anymore, so that I made pumpkin, beetroot and carrot. It is growing...horray I made the pattern by myself for pumpkin, carrot and beetroot so that they are in proportion size with the other vegies. Huhuy...my vegetable collection are growing.


But one more homework for myself. The challenging thing is to make cabbage. Still cannot brake the code...:P. I found this picture : http://www.flickr.com/photos/olinohobby/6897116315/


 Hmmmm...I am still curious to crack how to make the cabbage.Later when I have more time to explore I will brake the pattern for sure. Meanwhile Luckily I found paper mache cabbage.



While preparing it, It brought me to memory in August 2011, when I sold my creation for Early Years Conference in City of Whittlesea with the support from teacher from Norparrin. So that's why I owe teachers in Norparrin soooo much. Without them, my creation will only stayed in my home.



I also provided a set of vegetables, then teacher from kindergarten was about to buy my vegie set. They came for several time and then decided not to choose my creation, they chose felt. I was heart-broken. But come on...It is experience, I should learn more...:).  Through my course I also learn what toy that are appropriate for creating experiences for children playing and development. I am delighted that it DOES make a tango with my hobby to create.





No comments:

Post a Comment