Friday, August 24, 2012

Kitchen Scale saved the day..:)

Still couple days to wattle festival...still windy and rain outside....:(
What can be done better than making doll?
I just finished make this 'rattle' pea pod.




Yes this one has been favourite...:). I made with 2 peas...with rattle inside..:)
This time I made the pod with different yarn...finally I get the replacement yarn for the pod cover. I used to make it with Moda Vera Cupcake from Spotlight, but it has been discontinued. Searching in my stash yarn...I found Coton-A from Sullivan that I bought form Lincraft can substitute it. I was not sure about the need of the yarn so that I decided making 2 peas in case not sufficient. But then I had leftover yarn...I was thingking make another one....then I was in doubt again...:(. How can I measure the lenght?

From the band of yarn we get the information of the weight ( in gram) and the legth ( in meter).
Sooo...I went to kitchen...I took my kitchen scale...
I weight the pouch and the left over...




Yessss It wasn't enough.. I just have only  a half that is needed. It is much easier than guessing the length.
Im happy that I didnt start to make another one...:). That's another use of kitchen scale that I found today...





No comments:

Post a Comment